Wednesday 4 March 2009

Training on hold... man 'flu strikes

What good timing! Started with a cold last Sunday and by yesterday I was confined to bed, alternately hot and cold, sweating and shivering. Woke up at 4 am soaked to the skin. I had the 'flu about 25 years ago and have to laugh whenever someone says they've got 'flu but are still on their feet. When I had it I lost three days of my life, spending the entire experience in bed wondering if I was going to die. So I haven't got the 'flu, but as colds go, on a scale of 1 - 10 this is a 10. Or perhaps it is 'flu - a 1 on the same scale! No option but to give in to it and hope that I'm fully recovered by next Monday.

Incidentally, I watched some daytime TV yesterday from my bed. It confirmed my theory that it's designed by the government for prisoners, who are forced to watch it as part of their punishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment