Sunday 19 April 2009

Changes to Provisional Itinerary

I've made a couple of changes this weekend, swapping the routes on Monday 20 April and Sunday 26 April, so tomorrow (20/4) will now be the Great Gable group with the Wastwater screes, Middle Fell etc on Sunday 26/4. I've put a few links on the Blog now so you should be able to download the up-to-date schedule quite easily.

If anyone is thinking of joining the walk on the last day (which hopefully will be Saturday 2 May but timings are still provisional depending on weather and other circumstances), whether for the full day or just the last fell (which despite what it says in the itinerary will be LOUGHRIGG), please either send me an email or leave a comment on this Blog entry.

I've been looking at the Wainwright Society's web site and it seems that (excluding fell-runners) up to now the shortest time taken to complete the 214 tops is 131 days. If all goes according to plan it will be a new shortest time of 55 days. Unless anyone knows different... (do let me know!)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Bill, I've really enjoyed reading about our Easter weekend although I think you could have taken a more flattering picture of me on Grasmoor!!!!!!!
    Michela & I would like to join you on thelast day,,whenever that truns out to be. All the best for rest of the walks
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should have checked my spelling, didn't realise that the comment would go on the site....I'm new to this blogging thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz, love to meet Michela!! I'll pencil you both in for the last day - let's hope we can stay on schedule,

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way Liz, Mike would also like to meet Michela but suspects she will be wearing a Panama hat and wellies...

    ReplyDelete