Thursday 30 April 2009

Arrangements for Saturday 2 May

As promised (see earlier post re Final Day) here is my best estimate for times / distances / meeting points for Saturday:

Start: Tom Gill National Trust Car Park (pay & display unless you are an NT member) on the main Ambleside – Coniston road (usual way to Tarn Hows), MR 322999. Starting at 10.00 and climbing Holme Fell (1040’)

From the summit of Holme Fell we go roughly NE along the ridge and rejoin the main road at Oxen Fell High Cross (MR 328018). We should be here around 11.15 but if you are planning on joining here please (a) be sure to let me know and (b) be there early, in case we are ahead of schedule.

Next we climb Black Fell (1056’) and then go along the north ridge to Skelwith Bridge, arriving around 12.45. Those joining here should arrive by 12.30 and loiter around the road junction to Great Langdale / Elterwater / Raw Head – no doubt you will meet other members of the afternoon party!

On to Loughrigg (1101’) involving a climb of around 1000’, after which the paln is to walk to Elterwater, where I expect we should arrive at The Britannia around 3.00.

I hope the above is clear. I am now planning to return to Lakeland this afternoon (Thursday) to do Grey Friar and get a dawn start tomorrow before the bad weather comes in, so if you are unsure of any details you can ring me on my mobile, or if I am unavailable Howard Spensley has agreed to take questions (!). I can’t really put mobile numbers on the Blog so if you don’t know them, apologies but you should have been in touch earlier. Those people who have been in touch will get an email with these details.

No comments:

Post a Comment