Friday 13 February 2009

Making Plans

There's a lot to organise and not enough time. I've opened a page on justgiving.co.uk (www.justgiving.co.uk/billhoneywell) but it needs padding out with some detail, and I'm working on the text of emails and other begging letters. I need to sort out links from the company web site and basically get the publicity machine in gear.

I've worked out a draft schedule for the walk, starting with an easy round on Day 1 - March 9th - and finishing at Elterwater where I hope a few friends might join up for a few beers in the Britannia. There are plenty of days off for recuperation at home, and I'm making a lot of use of accommodation provided by friends in Bowness and Cockermouth. For the Scafell / Great Gable / Wastwater area I might treat myself to a few nights at the Wasdale Head.

Before I go I've got to finish tiling the bathroom and decorating the bedroom, but I also need to keep in shape, so this afternoon I might drive over to Ingleton and nip up Ingleborough just to make sure all my bits are working the way they should be!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bill,
    Good to see you are still going well and getting a good run of fine weather. Nice photos. I think it would be easier by bike. We went to Wycoller on Wednesday and did about two mile on rough tracks on our touring bikes. I rode it but the other wimps walked it. I am doing the Cheshire Cat on the 29th from Knutsford, 102 miles into Staffordshire and Derbyshire including Mow Cop at 1 in 4. I still think it is easier than all the walking you are doing. You are a hero.
    Best wishes for rest of walk, Richard D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that Richard. I saw the Cheshire Cat and would have liked to have done it with you. In fact, I'm in Cheshire having a weekend off including the 29th, but there is no chance whatsoever of getting board approval for that. Thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete